Jun 13, 2016 11:26 AM
ORLANDO - A woman's Snapchat story showed a message where gunshots could be heard in the background at Pulse Nightclub during the deadliest shooting in U.S. history.
A man posted a video of his friend's Snapchat account. In the last part of the video, gunshots can be clearly heard.
The woman, identified by the poster is Amanda Alvear, was on the list of victims released by the City of Orlando on Monday morning.
The killer, who died in a gun battle with a SWAT team early Sunday, was identified as Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old American-born Muslim who worked as a security guard in Florida. FBI officials said they had investigated him in 2013 and 2014 on suspicion of terrorist sympathies but could not make a case against him.
Wielding an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and a handgun, Mateen opened fire at the crowded Pulse Orlando club in such close quarters that the bullets could hardly miss. He was gunned down after police used explosives and a small armored vehicle to punch a hole in a wall and allow dozens of club-goers to escape, police said.
WARNING: The video could be disturbing to some readers. Please proceed with caution.
» There are multiple updates to this story. Please click here to get the latest information.
17 hours 43 minutes agoDemocratic Gov. Maggie Hassan says that when it comes to her Republican successor’s priorities, she’s confident Granite Staters will let him “know what their...
21 hours 36 minutes agoFormer State Representative Kyle Tasker's bail has been revoked. (More)
21 hours 53 minutes agoThe coldest air in months is moving into the Granite State, and a winter storm will follow Sunday night into Monday. (More)
23 hours 39 minutes agoThe two men that broke into a Keene home and beat the residents with a hammer and a crowbar on Wednesday have been arrested....
Dec 8, 2016 5:23 PMJeanie Forrester says she “was honored” when Governor-elect Chris Sununu called her and asked the former state senator to consider running for New Hampshire...
Dec 8, 2016 4:42 PMAn apartment fire that displaced 18 residents was caused by a dryer, firefighters said. (More)