Oct 24, 2014 2:55 PM
What's being said about NH1 and CNN's Shaheen/Brown debate
CONCORD - The last of NH1's debates took place Thursday night. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen took on challenger Scott Brown. CNN was on scene to co-host the debate, and Wolf Blitzer and NH1 Political Director Paul Steinhauser moderated. The four-part debate is available online at NH1.com.
But what were the reactions from news sources across the state (and around the country?)
Several area newspapers covered the debate. Here are the recaps from each:
- The Concord Monitor's Casey McDermott
- Norma Love of the Associated Press
- Kimberley Hass from the Foster's Daily Democrat
- The Union Leader's Tim Buckland
Here is what CNN said the six key moments were from the debate – including Scott Brown's comments that Shaheen "calls it fear-mongering; I call it rational fear."
NHPR has full audio of the debate on its website.
NH1 Floor Manager Ian Halter took some photos from the set of the debate. Take a look at a few in the photo gallery below.
Below you can find the videos from the rest of the NH1 Debates.
- Annie Kuster vs. Marilinda Garcia
- Carol Shea-Porter vs. Frank Guinta
- Maggie Hassan vs. Walt Havenstein
So what do you think? Who won the debate last night, Jeanne Shaheen or Scott Brown? Let us know in the comments below.