Jun 3, 2015 3:19 PM

Wentworth's victims unimpressed with NH state response


STRATHAM -Not everyone is thrilled with the state after John Wentworth's arrest Tuesday.

After going missing last month when he was supposed to go to a treatment center, Wentworth - a convicted killer facing new burglary charges - was arrested in Lawrence, Mass.

“The rat is back in his cage,” said Mary Anne Nolette.

The Nolette family was related to the man Wentworth is convicted of beating to death

Victims said they're relieved, but said they now feel they have a bigger issue on their hands.

“Watching the N.H. judicial system is like watching a train wreck in slow motion, it is absolutely pathetic,” Dan Siller, another home break-in victim, said.

“They keep letting out the same people to commit different crimes if not the same crime,” Nolette said.

Her family is most disappointed with the state’s victim advocacy group who never called her to let her know Wentworth had escaped - or to let her know he was back in custody.

“It was actually NH1 News that let us know," she said. "It wasn’t the Attorney General’s office, so I appreciate that.”

Our calls also went unanswered when we tried to contact the state.

“It could have been them," Siller said referring to the AG's office. "Or their child that could have been killed by this individual. Or their homes that we’re broken into. They seem to be completely and absolutely isolated from reality.”

Related Stories


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome