Nov 11, 2016 4:34 PM
BOSCAWEN - New Hampshire paid respect to all the veterans who call the Granite State home on Friday.
“What a spectacular honor and tribute to veterans here in New Hampshire and their families,” retired veteran Bob Selieg said.
Many communities held parades and ceremonies to thank the men and woman who served in the military. There was a moving tribute at the N.H. State Veterans Cemetery in Boscawen, too.
“If you’re retired military and from New Hampshire, you got to be here,” Selieg said.
That feeling was expressed by so many who have served our country.
“It’s like the spirits are speaking, the winds died down, the sun came out and warmed people up enough and it’s wasn’t too cold,” Mike Horn, director of the Veterans Cemetery, said.
Hundreds of people gathered to remember someone special that they lost.
“I stopped by this morning to visit my father-in-law’s stone to thank him,” Horn said. “It’s just a great, great place to be. I wouldn’t want to be any place else.”
Each year, the event gets a little bit bigger - and the stories told by other service members are even more powerful.
“There’s a lot of good men who paid their lives for this country and it’s great to be here today to represent some of them,” retired veteran Moe Desrosiers said.
6 hours 13 minutes agoDemocratic Gov. Maggie Hassan says that when it comes to her Republican successor’s priorities, she’s confident Granite Staters will let him “know what their...
10 hours 6 minutes agoFormer State Representative Kyle Tasker's bail has been revoked. (More)
10 hours 23 minutes agoThe coldest air in months is moving into the Granite State, and a winter storm will follow Sunday night into Monday. (More)
12 hours 9 minutes agoThe two men that broke into a Keene home and beat the residents with a hammer and a crowbar on Wednesday have been arrested....
Dec 8, 2016 5:23 PMJeanie Forrester says she “was honored” when Governor-elect Chris Sununu called her and asked the former state senator to consider running for New Hampshire...
Dec 8, 2016 4:42 PMAn apartment fire that displaced 18 residents was caused by a dryer, firefighters said. (More)