UPDATE: Woman who died in Danbury fire identified
DANBURY - A woman who died in a Thursday fire has been identified as 58-year-old Susan Martin.
Her cause of death has been ruled accidental by smoke inhalation. The man who was rescued was identified at 63-year-old Dean Martin. He suffered burns and is still hospitalized at this time.
The Danbury Fire Department was dispatched at about 8 p.m. Thursday night for a structure fire with reports that one person had escaped the residence while another was trapped in the fire. The fire was reported by a neighbor. Responding Danbury fire crews arrived at the scene to heavy fire in the residence and Martin being helped by neighbors.
Investigators from the NH State Fire Marshal's Office were called to the scene to conduct an investigationalong with Danbury Fire Department personnel. Susan Martin was located and removed from the residence after the fire was extinguished.
The investigation is ongoing at this time, but initial information and evidence indicate a wood stove and chimney may be involved in the cause of the fire. No working smoke alarms were found in the home.
Anyone with information or questions can contact Investigator Thomas Schutzius or District Chief Thomas Riley at (603) 223-4289.