Jan 19, 2015 6:55 PM
NASHUA - Officials have identified the victim of a Monday morning fire as 75-year-old William Holland.
They believe Holland was trying to light a cigarette on his gas stove when his clothes caught fire.
He died from inhaling flames and super-heated gases. His manner of death was ruled accidental by the state Medical Examiner's office.
Crews were called to the home at 19 Waltham Drive just before 2 a.m. after receiving a report from a life alert alarm.
Arriving firefighters spotted smoke coming from the residence and then discovered flames in the rear kitchen.
Firefighters found Holland in the kitchen. A non-ambulatory female was found in a rear bedroom. She was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to the hospital.
Neighbors say they only heard that the female victim was taken to the hospital but has since been released.
"I heard she's doing alright now. I can't believe something on the stove caused this much destruction." said Edmund Briand who has lived in the neighborhood for thirty years.
The investigation on the fire continues.
17 hours 27 minutes agoBoston officials say a water main gave way in the city's South End neighborhood, flooding a trench and killing two workers. (More)
19 hours 8 minutes agoWith 18 days to go until Election Day, an average of the latest public opinion surveys in New Hampshire indicates Hillary Clinton with an...
19 hours 39 minutes agoCyberattacks on a key internet firm repeatedly disrupted the availability of popular websites across the East Coast of the United States Friday, according to...
20 hours 13 minutes agoState police are searching for a 15-year-old who has been missing for six days. (More)
1 day 9 minutes agoA distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against DynDNS was causing serious issues online for the East Coast. (More)
Oct 21, 2016 6:00 AMMaggie Hassan’s U.S. Senate campaign is launching a new television commercial on Friday that highlights the accomplishments the governor’s achieved the past four years...