Feb 21, 2015 12:00 AM
Portsmouth declares snow emergency
PORTSMOUTH - The Public Works department has declared a snow emergency and parking ban for the city.
The parking ban goes into effect at 10 p.m. Saturday Feb. 21.
That parking ban does not include a geographical area downtown, that parking ban goes into effect at 1 a.m. Sunday Feb. 15 and includes the following areas:
- Deer Street on the north
- Marcy Streets on the east
- Court Street on the South
- Bridge Streets on the West
This area also includes:
- State Street (Middle to Marcy)
- Chestnut Street
- Porter Street
- Fleet Street
- Court Place, Church Street
- Pleasant Street (Court to Congress)
- Penhallow Street
- Custom House Court
- Sheafe Street
- Chapel Street
- Daniel Street
- Congress Street
- Market Street (Congress to Deer)
- Ladd Street
- High Street
- Hanover Street (Bridge to Market)
- Islington Street (from Maplewood Ave to Brewster Street).
There is to be no parking on any city street during the ban, and residents can park at the High Hanover Garage during the declared parking ban and up to two hours after the ban has been terminated for $3.