Oct 29, 2015 5:46 PM
CONCORD - Owen Labrie, who was sentenced to one year in jail, will immediately have to register as a sex offender.
Prosecutor Catherine Ruffle said after the hearing she has concerns about Labrie being out in the public pending appeals.
Labrie will return to Vermont where he will have a curfew until an appeal is finalized.
Labrie went out a back door of the Merrimack County Superior Court Thursday after the hearing.
Labrie faced a maximum sentence of 11 years in state prison.
As part of his sentence, the 20-year-old will also undergo sex evaluation, have a period of probation and pay $8,000 in restitution.
4 hours 24 minutes agoWith just 12 days to go until Election Day and the latest polls in New Hampshire’s blockbuster U.S. Senate race indicating a dead heat,...
8 hours 13 minutes agoPolice have captured a suspect in a possible abduction in Londonderry NH. They said the woman and a child were found safe. (More)
11 hours 15 minutes agoKelly Ayotte and Maggie Hassan talk 1-on-1 with NH1 News ahead of tonight's U.S. Senate debate (More)
12 hours 7 minutes agoMANCHESTER - A man accused of shooting and killing a Manchester man last month has been returned to New Hampshire to face charges. Billy Damuel Maldonado Cancel, 23, was captured in New Britain, Connecticut on October 14th. He was returned to N.H. last night. Maldonado Cancel was listed...