Jul 20, 2016 4:07 PM
BRENTWOOD — A Newmarket man has been sentenced to 10-25 years in prison after beating his infant son, leaving him with 17 broken bones.
Jose Orta-Santana has pleaded guilty to up to 20 counts of assault in the attack on his son.
Police were notified in March 2015 after Boston Children's Hospital treated the child for two skull fractures and multiple broken bones.
Court documents say Orta-Santana first lied to police about his son's injuries before admitting to punching and throwing the child after becoming frustrated with his crying.
2 hours 23 minutes agoPolice have captured a suspect in a possible abduction in Londonderry NH. They said the woman and a child were found safe. (More)
5 hours 25 minutes agoKelly Ayotte and Maggie Hassan talk 1-on-1 with NH1 News ahead of tonight's U.S. Senate debate (More)
6 hours 17 minutes agoMANCHESTER - A man accused of shooting and killing a Manchester man last month has been returned to New Hampshire to face charges. Billy Damuel Maldonado Cancel, 23, was captured in New Britain, Connecticut on October 14th. He was returned to N.H. last night. Maldonado Cancel was listed...
10 hours 26 minutes agoA Muslim civil rights group says a campaign flier targeting U.S. Senate candidate Maggie Hassan associates Muslims with violence. (More)
12 hours 9 minutes agoA former New Boston police officer has filed a law suit against the Town of New Boston and six officers of the New Boston...