Apr 13, 2016 5:51 PM
CONCORD — A former Concord private school employee and football coach appeared before a judge Wednesday and was sentenced on multiple sexual assault charges as well as for manufacturing child pornography.
Donald Levesque was sentenced to a minimum of 20 years and a maximum of 40 years in prison, and is also required to participate in sex offender treatment.
Levesque developed a relationship with a student - a week before the victim began sixth grade.
“All of us parents who send our kids to school put our trust in teachers,” Judge Diane Nicolosi said, before she passed down the sentencing.
Judge Nicolosi told the court that she felt Levesque abused his position of power over a child, forcing the victim to Snapchat and text naked pictures and to perform sexual acts while being recorded.
“He had a duty to nurture and protect the development of that child rather than use him for his own sexual gratification,” Assistant County Attorney David Rotman said.
Levesque’s family was in court as they listened to him plead guilty and except the judge's sentencing. Missing in the courtroom was the victim, but his voice was heard.
“The things I was forced to do and live through will never escape my mind,” read the victim’s advocate Karen Sotile, from a letter the victim wrote. “I constantly ask myself 'why me… why did he choose to pray on me?’ No amount of jail time will ever be able to compensate for the pain agony and suffering I have been put through in my life.”
Levesque’s family members could be seen tearing up when he was placed in handcuffs, and was mouthing the words “we love you” to Levesque whose sentence began immediately after court was dismissed.
6 hours 16 minutes agoWith just 12 days to go until Election Day and the latest polls in New Hampshire’s blockbuster U.S. Senate race indicating a dead heat,...
10 hours 5 minutes agoPolice have captured a suspect in a possible abduction in Londonderry NH. They said the woman and a child were found safe. (More)
13 hours 7 minutes agoKelly Ayotte and Maggie Hassan talk 1-on-1 with NH1 News ahead of tonight's U.S. Senate debate (More)
13 hours 59 minutes agoMANCHESTER - A man accused of shooting and killing a Manchester man last month has been returned to New Hampshire to face charges. Billy Damuel Maldonado Cancel, 23, was captured in New Britain, Connecticut on October 14th. He was returned to N.H. last night. Maldonado Cancel was listed...