NECMF
Embed Code Copied

May 24, 2016 12:00 AM

UPDATE: NH AG's office confirms Londonderry SWAT incident was homicide

NH1.com

LONDONDERRY - The New Hampshire Attorney General's office has now confirmed that the Londonderry incident that took place Tuesday morning was a homicide.

Jeff Strelzin, the head of the Attorney General's homicide division, arrived at the scene shortly after 4 p.m. A bomb squad also arrived on scene and has been inside the home because there were items of “concern.”

READ: NH AG's office, bomb squad on scene of SWAT incident in Londonderry

The victim worked for City Fuel, officials said.

Police were called to 2 Currier St. earlier in the day. They evacuated homes and the school district rerouted buses scheduled to drop off students in the neighborhood.

READ: SWAT incident in Londonderry started with an email, 'In 2 minutes, I'll be dead'

Neighbors said the man who lives in the home - who they identified as Richard Verville - behaved strangely. According to city assessing records, the home belongs to Verville.

Verville is in critical condition at a Massachusetts hospital, officials said.

READ: Students, neighbors being told to stay inside in area of Londonderry standoff

Neighbors said Verville rarely left his home and would sometimes threaten them. People in surrounding houses said they had contacted police several times throughout the last few years when they noticed that he put cameras in his yard pointing at neighbors.

According to a letter from Verville that neighbors gave to NH1 News, Verville believed he was being targeted by "the system of Fusion Centers established by President Bush following the 9-11 terrorist attacks."

Neighbors also said that they saw an ambulance leave and heard gunshots.

Officials will return to the scene on Wednesday to keep searching and investigate.

No other injuries were reported.

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter