Sep 4, 2015 4:05 PM
UPDATE: New Hampshire high court rejects school bullying suit
The Associated Press
CONCORD — The state's highest court says a Manchester family can't sue the school district over a bullying incident.
The case involves a then-7th grade girl who had her teeth knocked out in 2011 by two boys who the family says teased her. The girl's mother said the assault could have been prevented if the family was aware of a bullying incident earlier that week.
Under the state's anti-bullying law and Manchester's policy, schools must notify parents 48 hours after any incident. Manchester Superintendent Tom Brennan in 2012 told other media he did not believe the first incident was bullying.
The girl's family sued the school district on a negligence claim.
The Supreme Court on Friday said state law blocks such a lawsuit.