Feb 13, 2016 3:10 PM

UPDATE: Items too close to heater blamed for fire in Manchester apartment building

NH1.com

MANCHESTER - A fire that forced the evacuation of dozens of residents on Saturday morning is blamed on some items that caught fire after being placed too close to a heating unit.

District Fire Chief Richard McGahey said the fire at 297 Concord St. has been classified as unintentional.

McGahey also said a firefighter who injured his hand, Joel Monroe, has returned to the job after being treated for a "compression injury."

Related Stories

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 36°
6am 36°
7am 35°
8am 36°
9am 38°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 Tuesday, 7 p.m. - Trump gives remarks for Senators and their spouses

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome