Feb 19, 2016 12:26 PM
GOFFSTOWN - A man suffered serious burns to his hands and face Friday morning while trying to light a brush fire with gasoline.
Two men were clearing some of the property at 3 Blue Jay Lane for the property owner when the gasoline caused a small explosion, said Fire Chief Richard O’Brien.
Neighbors told NH1 News that their windows rattled from the explosion.
A staging area was set up near the corner of South Mast Street and Normand Road, where a helicopter landed to take the man to Mass General in Boston.
The state Fire Marshal also was called to the scene.
According to town assessing records, the land is owned by Ronald and Susan Cote.
NH1 News has a crew on the scene and will provide updates when available.
8 hours 4 minutes agoThe community of Nashua is mourning as they learn the body pulled from the Merrimack River in Tyngsborough is believed to be 16-year-old Jacob...
15 hours 21 minutes agoPolice and fire departments recovered the body of a young man from the Merrimack River this afternoon. (More)
Oct 22, 2016 9:05 PMPolice are investigating the possibility that a missing teen was swept into a storm drain in the night during heavy rain. (More)
Oct 22, 2016 7:42 PMPolice deployed a bomb squad and robot to investigate a suspicious package that appeared outside a Walmart on Lowell Road on Saturday. (More)
Oct 22, 2016 3:29 PMBelle Bowers, the mother of Democratic New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, has died. She was 94. (More)
Oct 22, 2016 11:31 AMNashua fire responded to over 50 calls in just a three hour period due to the heavy rainfall on Friday. (More)