Real-time N.H. traffic updates

Oct 2, 2016 6:50 PM

UPDATE: Dartmouth dorm fire caused by small grill on roof

NH1.com

HANOVER — Officials have released information on the cause of a Dartmouth College dorm fire. They stated students using a grill outside their window caused the burn.

The students were using a small "Hibachi-style" grill on a roof surface outside their dorm window. The grill had been left unattended and ignited the fire.

Flames were visible shooting through the roof of Morton Hall early Saturday morning.

Firefighters knocked the fire down at around 5 a.m., two of them suffering minor injuries that did not deter their work. No students were injured.

Seventy students were left without housing because the dorm was deemed uninhabitable due to smoke and fire damage. Temporary housing was made available to them.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 28°
11pm 22°
12am 21°
1am 20°
2am 20°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

Wednesday March 22, 2017

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome