NECMF

Dec 26, 2015 12:12 PM

UPDATE: Community raising money to help Hollis family whose home burned

NH1.com

HOLLIS - Firefighters may have saved the Christmas gifts, but a family on Farley Road still lost their home and many of their possessions in a Christmas Eve fire.

The tragedy led one friend, Alison Waugh Flynn, to set up a gofundme page on Christmas Day, which has received donations from more than 45 people as of Saturday morning, raising almost $4,000.

The Christmas Eve fire caused extensive damage to the home, forcing the Eliza family to stay with relatives for Christmas. No one was home at the time of the fire, and firefighters were notified by a passing motorist who saw smoke coming from the house.

"Tis the season to count our blessings. Our thoughts are with you," wrote one donor.

Related Stories

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter