NH1 Motors Block

May 16, 2017 7:42 PM

Two-alarm fire scorches Derry home beyond repair

NH1.com

DERRY — The Derry Fire Department responded to a two-alarm fire that burned a house beyond repair Tuesday afternoon.

Neighbors of the house on Gordon Road called 911 to report the fire after it blew out a first-floor window. One neighbor attempted to put the fire out using a garden hose.

Initial crews arrived to find the fire had spread throughout the first floor and extended up to the second floor.

Derry firefighters, helped by Windham and other neighboring departments, hosed the fire down and sent in teams to search the house.

The house's residents, a family of three, were not home at the time, and no one was hurt in the blaze.

The building was damaged on all three floors, and all items were destroyed. Firefighters on the scene ruled the structure uninhabitable.

The American Red Cross provided services for the family along with help from neighbors.

The Derry Fire Prevention Bureau is continuing to investigate the fire, but early results show the fire originated in the basement with non-suspicious causes.

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Car Quiz NH1 Motors
NH1 NH Community Calendar and Event

NH1 Motors Featured Dealers

Grappone Automotive Group

Goodhue and Hawkins

First City Cars & Trucks

 Monday, 5:15 p.m. - President Donald Trump gives joint statements with Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter