Oct 6, 2015 4:01 PM

Toddler that contracted E. Coli at Maine fair dies


CUMBERLAND, ME - A toddler that contracted E. Coli at a Maine county fair has died.

According to WCSH 6 News, the Maine CDC confirmed two children contracted E. Coli last month at the Oxford County Fair.

The father of one toddler announced on his Facebook page the death of his son Tuesday.

In a statement posted on Jon Guay's Facebook he wrote, "My son Colton died a week later of Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome which is caused by a bacteria."

It is suspected Colton contracted the bacteria through interaction with farm animals at the county fair last month.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome