Oct 12, 2015 12:09 PM

Textbook plus microwave at UNH equals HAZMAT situation


DURHAM - Emergency crews were called out in force Sunday night at the University of New Hampshire after smoke was reported coming from Spaulding Hall.

A HAZMAT team was also on scene.

The first call came at 10 p.m., as fire, police and rescue officials were on scene.

A strong odor was also present on campus.

Why? It turns out someone roasted an old horticulture textbook on high in the microwave.

University officials are looking for culprit.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome