May 26, 2015 3:32 PM

Stratham Police looking for a convicted killer gone missing after latest arrest

STRATHAM — A Durham man out on parole and facing new burglary charges has disappeared after being ordered to go to a treatment center.

John Wentworth is wanted by police and there is a warrant for his arrest. Stratham Police Chief John Scippa said Wentworth had been released on $10,000 cash or surety bond on the burglary charges and was ordered to report to a treatment facility, but he walked away.

Wentworth was arrested early this month after allegedly entering two Stratham Heights Road homes without permission. He was on parole at the time for negligent homicide in the beating death if Richard Nolette in 2008. According to court documents, Wentworth removed a safe from an upstairs bedroom of the second home, and was confronted by the homeowner.

The Nolette family told NH1 News they are on high alert.

“I knew he was dangerous back in 2008 when he took Ricky from us,” said Mary Anne Nolette, the victim’s sister.

“We sat through every parole hearing and we weren’t convinced. It just didn’t seem right at the time,” said Tammy Hosick, the victim’s sister.

Ricky’s sisters are telling everyone to be on the look-out.

“Knowing what he is capable of, lock your doors that’s all I can tell you,” said Nolette.

Anyone with information about Wentworth is urged to call Stratham police at 778-9691, state police at 679-3333, or Seacoast CrimeStoppers at 431-1199.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome