Farmers’ Market Griller w/ Garlic Scape Ricotta* (above and below)
Garlic scape pesto folded with lemon zested same-day ricotta, topped with grilled pencil-thin asparagus, saltwort and zucchini, drizzled with buttery extra virgin olive oil and seasoned with Hawaiian black sea salt.
- Local: Barker’s Farm; Brookford Farm; New Hampshire Mushroom Co.; Wake Robin Farm; Wolf Meadow Farm
- Regional: Oyster Creek Mushroom Co.
- Long Distance: Chilean olive oil; lemon; Hawaiian sea salt
|*not quite the original product; we made a couple changes before reheating: first we added leftover roasted oyster mushrooms from the 'Potato Leek & Mushroom' pie below. then we added a bit of the raw milk cheddar intended for the 'Apple & Caramelized Onion' pie, and then what the heck, why not add summa them maple-glazed apple slices, and then well we might as well keep on goin' and add summa that Candy Cap mushroom oil. Super winner. Where's there a pizza contest when I need one!!|
Sausage & Prosciutto w/ Caramelized Onions and Ciacotta Cheese (r-e-a-l-l-y y-u-m-m-y)
Chunks of sweet Italian sausage and slices of prosciutto di Palma with aged balsamic caramelized onion and finely grated Caciotta cheese
- Local: Top of the Hill Farm
- Regional: MEat Butchery (Maine farm sourced); Wolf Meadow Farm
- Long Distance: Rubio aged balsamic vinegar
Apple & Caramelized Onion w/ Walnuts and a Trio of Cheeses
|if you're an unethical vegetarian and love the smell of bacon, make pizza with smoked cheddar cheese, caramelized onions and maple-glazed apples. you'll be happy.|
Thinly sliced maple glazed ‘Honeycrisp’ apples with aged balsamic caramelized onion, smoked cheddar cheese, toasted walnuts and crumbled blue cheese, and finished with Candy Cap mushroom oil and hickory-smoked sea. A last minute addition of mini batons of 'Primo Sale' cheese balanced the sharper cheeses nicely.
- Local: Brookford Farm; Hackleboro Orchard; Sugarmomma’s Maple Farm
- Regional: Pineland Farm; Wolf Meadow Farm; Oyster Creek Mushroom Co.
- Long Distance: Rubio aged balsamic vinegar; walnuts; hickory-smoked sea salt
|before the Primo Sale...|
|after the Primo Sale, which nicely balanced the sharper cheddar and blue cheeses|
|this stuff has an addictive flavor. candy cap mushrooms have an inherent sweetness about them, so this oil works well with smoky flavors. or ice cream, take your pick.|
Potato, Leek & Mushroom w/ Caciotta (r-e-a-l-l-y y-u-m-m-y)
Sautéed leeks and mandolin-thin slices of sautéed ‘Irish Cobbler’ heirloom potatoes speckled with fresh young rosemary, with roasted oyster mushrooms and finely grated Caciotta cheese, finished with unrefined cold pressed sunflower oil and Hawaiian red sea salt
- Local: Aspen Hill Herb Farm; Barker’s Farm; Brookford Farm; Coppal House Farm; New Hampshire Mushroom Co.
- Regional: Wolf Meadow Farm
- Long Distance: Hawaiian red sea salt
Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella (classic 'Margherita', and always a very big hit, pahtickulahlee when you use Wolf Meadow Farm fresh mozz.)
|before I get called out, yes, this is from a different night. and, I used Pistou basil (from Aspen Hill, no less), not those listed below. that said, they're virtually identical otherwise!|
Thin slices of sun ripened tomatoes melded with fresh mozzarella, topped with a chiffonade of Genovese, Lemon and Opal basil and finished with fruity extra virgin olive oil and garlic-sea salt
- Local: Aspen Hill Herb Farm; Heron Pond Farm
- Regional: Herb Farmacy; Wolf Meadow Farm
- Long Distance: Chilean olive oil