Feb 6, 2015 5:52 PM
Snow removal leads to gas leak at Manchester warehouse
MANCHESTER - Snow removal operations led to a gas leak at an industrial warehouse on Perimeter Road on Friday.
The Manchester Fire Department responded to the call at 1:23 p.m. There were crews shoveling the roof and a Bobcat on the ground removing that snow. Fire officials said it was unclear if the snow coming off the roof or the Bobcat operator hit a pipe next to the gas meter causing the leak.
When fire crews arrived on scene they found elevated levels of gas inside the building and evacuated it. There were about 13 people in the building at the time.
Crews remained on scene for a little over an hour. Liberty Utilities also responded to the scene to help with leak.
No one had to be taken to the hospital during the incident.