NH1 News Debates


Nov 18, 2015 11:36 AM

Several pets die after 3-story Manchester apartment fire caused by cigarette


MANCHESTER – Fire crews responded to a 3-alarm fire Wednesday morning at 624 Rimmon Street where the roof of an apartment in a three-story apartment collapsed.

According to Manchester Fire, the fire started on the 3rd floor porch of the complex because of a improper disposal of smoking material.

Fire crews were able to control the fire quickly and all 10 people in the building at the time the fire started were able to escape.

One person was sent to the hospital for evaluation.

However, Manchester Fire did report that although some pets were able to be rescued, several animals died because of the fire.

There is approximately $150,000 - $200,000 worth in damages.

Some residents also believe several cats got away and are asking anyone who sees a stray cat to contact the Manchester Animal Shelter.

Below are images of the cats believed to be displaced.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome