Jan 20, 2015 10:29 AM
SALEM - Fire crews from Salem, Pelham and Windham responded to a working fire early this morning.
The fire at 26 Duston Road has been ruled accidental. The Salem Fire Marshal said an improperly installed ventilation pipe for a wood stove caused the blaze.
The owner of the home called crews to the scene. When they arrived crews said the man made it out safely, and they had the blaze under control in half an hour.
One of the biggest issues in fighting the fire was laying down extra hose from the only hydrant in the neighborhood. Crews had to use 1600 feet worth of hose to reach the home.
The owner was taken to a hospital in Boston where he is being treated for 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his head, face, and chest.
3 hours 17 minutes agoA distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against DynDNS was causing serious issues online for the East Coast. (More)
6 hours 40 minutes agoMaggie Hassan’s U.S. Senate campaign is launching a new television commercial on Friday that highlights the accomplishments the governor’s achieved the past four years...
11 hours 21 minutes agoSome places hit 70 degrees Friday, but much colder air may bring a change to snow by Sunday morning. (More)
17 hours 15 minutes agoTwo local politicians from Nashua seeking state office are concerned their campaign signs are being stolen and defaced throughout the city, which is illegal....
19 hours 28 minutes agoDover police are investigating what they believe to be the city’s eleventh overdose this year. (More)
23 hours 4 minutes agoAfter several recent scandals, where the Division of Children, Youth, and Families is under scrutiny for failure to stop several abuse and murder cases...