NH1 News Debates


Mar 25, 2015 11:18 AM

Rochester fire displaces mother, children

The Associated Press

ROCHESTER (AP) - An apartment fire displaced a mother and her two children and sent another relative to the hospital for smoke inhalation in Rochester.

Foster's Daily Democrat reported that Laura Fowler, who lived at the apartment, said she was at work when she heard about the fire Tuesday afternoon. She said her sister, who was at home with the children at the time, was treated for smoke inhalation.

Fowler said her sister was using the stove shortly before the fire started and that the appliance "exploded" while she was cooking. Fire officials have not yet confirmed the cause of the fire.

Firefighters used a ladder to get to the top of the building and cut a hole in the roof to help reduce heat and smoke.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome