Real-time N.H. traffic updates

Dec 5, 2015 5:38 PM

Rochester fire at apartment house displaces 5, firefighters save dog inside

NH1.com

ROCHESTER - A accidental fire that started in a kitchen at an apartment house on Academy Street is blamed for leaving five residents homeless.

Firefighters say working smoke detectors helped alert those living at 16 Academy Street and allowed them to escape shortly after midnight. A quick response by firefighters also made it possible to rescue a dog that was inside one of the apartments.

No one was injured. The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical, Deputy Fire Chief Tim Wilder said.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 34°
9am 34°
10am 35°
11am 35°
12pm 36°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome