NECMF

Jan 27, 2016 3:57 PM

Portsmouth High to discuss safety procedures after fake threat triggered lockdown last week

NH1.com

PORTSMOUTH - The principal of Portsmouth High School is calling for a review of safety procedures following a fake robo-call threat last week.

According to seacoastonline.com, the caller claimed there were pipe bombs in the school, a car outside full of explosives and someone with a gun waiting if anyone exited the building. The caller also said the bombs would go off in 30 minutes. Similar threats were made the same day at high schools across New England and in other parts of the country.

Principal Mary Lyons, who shared details of the fake threat in an email letter to parents, plans to meet with the Parent Advisory Committee on Feb. 9 to talk about safety issues.

“Events like this can be very scary for both students, staff and parents,” Lyons said in the email. “Our first priority is always the safety of your children. We will continue to work with you, our law enforcement agency, fire departments and other city officials to ensure a safe learning environment for all.”

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

NH1 Dining

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter