Feb 14, 2015 5:30 PM
Portsmouth declares a snow emergency
PORTSMOUTH - The City of Portsmouth declares a snow emergency and parking ban.
The parking ban goes into effect Sat. Feb. 14 at 8:00 p.m. and the Downtown geographical parking ban will go into effect at 1:00 a.m. Sunday Feb. 15.
The ban prohibits an vehicle parked on any city street.
The list of streets bellow follow the Downtown geographical area:
- Deer Street on the North
- Macry Streets on the East
- Court Street on the South
- Bridge Streets on the West
- State Street (Middle to Marcy)
- Chestnut Street
- Porter Street
- Fleet Street
- Court Place
- Church Street
- Pleasant Street (Court to Congress)
- Penhallow Street
- Custom House Court
- Sheafe Street
- Chapel Street
- Daniel Street
- Congress Street
- Market Street (Congress to Deer)
- Ladd Street
- High Street
- Hanover Street (Bridge to Market)
- Islington Street (From Maplewood Ave to Brewster Street)
If conditions intesify, the snow emergency parking ban may be declared for geographical area as well.
Residents may park at Hanoever Garage during the ban and up to two hours after the ban has been lifted for $3.00.