Apr 17, 2015 4:53 PM
Police say parents overdosed on heroin while giving son a bath
The Associated Press
MANCHESTER (AP) - The parents of a 3-year-old boy in Manchester have been charged with endangering his welfare after they overdosed on heroin while giving him a bath, police said.
Eric Carter and Stephanie McCassin were arrested on warrants Thursday, four months after the child's grandmother and primary caretaker said she found the toddler in the tub, with the parents passed out. The child was not hurt.
The 21-year-old Carter and the 24-year-old McCassin were taken to Elliot Hospital, where they were treated for an apparent heroin overdose.
Both have been released on personal recognizance bail. McCassin is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday and Carter is scheduled to appear on May 22.
It could not be verified whether they had listed phone numbers or lawyers.