Jan 5, 2016 1:47 PM
PORTSMOUTH, (AP) — Police say a 25-year-old man was hospitalized after he overdosed on prescription medication in the men's bathroom of a Portsmouth Home Depot.
The Portsmouth Herald reports police and firefighters were dispatched to the home improvement giant's location on Arthur Brady Drive around 8:15 a.m. Monday.
Staff reported finding a man, who wasn't identified, unconscious and unresponsive in the store's bathroom. Fire Chief Steve Achilles says the man regained consciousness before crews arrived on the scene.
Achilles says Narcan, an antidote used to revive overdose victims, wasn't needed in this incident.
The man was taken by ambulance to Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Achilles says the man overdosed by taking prescription medication that wasn't prescribed to him.
2 hours 11 minutes agoPolice are investigating the possibility that a missing teen was swept into a storm drain in the night during heavy rain. (More)
3 hours 34 minutes agoPolice deployed a bomb squad and robot to investigate a suspicious package that appeared outside a Walmart on Lowell Road on Saturday. (More)
7 hours 47 minutes agoBelle Bowers, the mother of Democratic New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, has died. She was 94. (More)
11 hours 45 minutes agoNashua fire responded to over 50 calls in just a three hour period due to the heavy rainfall on Friday. (More)
Oct 21, 2016 4:05 PMBoston officials say a water main gave way in the city's South End neighborhood, flooding a trench and killing two workers. (More)
Oct 21, 2016 2:24 PMWith 18 days to go until Election Day, an average of the latest public opinion surveys in New Hampshire indicates Hillary Clinton with an...