NH1 News Debates


Feb 11, 2015 7:35 PM

Plaistow family displaced after food on stove catches fire


PLAISTOW - An evening fire at an apartment building left one unit uninhabitable.

The fire broke out at 33 Garden Road shortly before 5 p.m. when a woman babysitting three children left food unattended on the stove to check on one of the children, fire officials said.

The woman was able to get the children evacuated from the apartment safely. Fire crews evacuated the rest of the building, which had about two dozen people in it at the time.

Fire officials said the babysitter shut doors behind her, which kept the fire and smoke contained.

The fire was knocked down in about 20 minutes.

No one was injured and the Red Cross was called to assist the displaced family.

Units from Hampstead, Kingston, Atkinson and Newton as well as Trinity ambulance helped at the scene.

Fire officials said a local business owner also had shoveled out the fire hydrant allowing them to put the fire out quickly.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome