PHOTO GALLERY: Woman discovers fire blazing at her Weare home Monday
Written by NH1 News on .
WEARE—No one was injured, but a family lost pets to a two-alarm blaze at a home on Hodgdon Road early Monday morning.
Firefighters were called to a home at about 7:38 a.m. reportedly after a woman who lived in the home returned from dropping children off at a camp program.
Goffstown fire chief Richard O'Brien said dispatchers received a "phone call from the homeowner frantic that she had come home and found fire and smoke coming from her house."
O'Brien said firefighters attempted "rapid entry" into the home, but the "fire overpowered them."
Firefighters were ordered out of the home when it experienced a "flash over," O'Brien said when the home and contents ignited all at once.
Crews from several towns, including New Boston, Francestown, Henniker and Hopkinton assisted on the scene.
"Here we're in a very remote area, so we don't have hydrants," O'Brien said. "We had to truck in every drop to put out this fire."
The cause is not suspicious at this time, O'Brien said, adding authorities would be "investigating this for some time."