Oct 10, 2016 11:27 AM
EXETER — Phillips Exeter Academy's attorneys have filed their response to a lawsuit from parents that say the prep school mishandled punishing their son who was accused of sexually assaulting another student.
The parents filed a lawsuit with Phillips Exeter Academy saying that school administrators told them that their son would be placed on "Dean's Leave" for one semester, but then could return in the fall. The administrators allegedly changed that decision, and three months later told the parents their son would not be allowed back to the school.
Attorneys from the academy said that all the school's procedures were followed correctly in the administration's response to the incident, Seacoastonline reported.
Discovery in the case is scheduled to be completed by Oct. 26, with a five-day trial tentatively scheduled for the week of Nov. 14.
1 hour 17 minutes agoDonald Trump pounced on the news that the FBI is reviewing new information related to Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server during...
1 hour 20 minutes agoPolice fired a gun at a man with a warrant who then fled in a vehicle early Friday morning. (More)
1 hour 24 minutes agoFollowing a rally for NH supporters, Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump took part in a round table discussion about the heroin and opioid crisis....
2 hours 25 minutes agoThe first of three people charged in Eve Tarmey's overdose death last year. Mark Ross was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison for...
2 hours 37 minutes agoPolice currently have an active arrest warrant out for the suspect in Thursday night's reported abduction. (More)