NH1 News Debates


Oct 4, 2015 10:57 AM

Overloaded extension cord triggers Manchester apartment fire


MANCHESTER - An overloaded extension cord is blamed for a fire in a Hall Street apartment building on Saturday.

District Fire Chief Al Poulin told the Union Leader that heavy black smoke was pouring from a second-floor rear window when the first crews arrived at 782 Hall St. at 6:22 p.m.

All the residents had gotten out safely after smoke alarms went off, he said.

Firefighters were able to limit the damage to the storage area where the fire started, Poulin said.

Investigators then traced the cause to an extension cord that had “multiple devices” plugged into it, including a microwave, toaster oven, computer and lamp.

No one was injured and residents were able to return once the power was restored, Poulin said.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome