Mar 23, 2016 7:57 PM
One confirmed fatality at Boston ammonia leak
BOSTON - Boston firefighters confirmed one man died at the scene of an ammonia leak Wednesday night.
A shelter-in-place order is in effect for people in the seaport district in Boston as Boston firefighters responded to the leak.
Firefighters donned special protective gear and entered the Stavis Seafoods Warehouse at 7 Channel Street to try and close off the leak, which was reported about 6 p.m. during a shift change at the facility.
Streets in the area are shut down.
The medical examiner's office will work to determine the man's exact cause of death.
NH1 News will continue to follow the story.