Real-time N.H. traffic updates

Feb 17, 2016 9:53 AM

Officials: NH home goes up in flames after owner tries to thaw pipes with blow torch

NH1.com

NEW IPSWICH - Officials said a home was set on fire after the homeowner tried to use a blow torch to thaw pipes.

As he was working, a piece of insulation fell and caught fire, causing the 3-alarm blaze.

Fire officials said that is not how to thaw pipes, and recommended people use a hair dryer or call a plumber.

The upstairs sustained heavy damage.

The fire chief said the homeowner was "shocked"

12 towns responded to the fire.

No injuries were reported, though a few firefighters slipped on ice.

A section of Route 124 closed for about 3 hours, but is now reopened.

Colleen Shaughnessy is a multimedia journalist for NH1 News. You can email her at cshaughnessy@nh1.com and follow her on Twitter, @ColleenNH1.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 16°
3am 12°
4am 11°
5am 10°
6am 10°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

Wednesday March 22, 2017

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome