Real-time N.H. traffic updates

Jan 7, 2016 9:32 AM

Officials confirm death of Nashua man in carbon monoxide incident

NH1.com

Officials confirmed that a Nashua man died in his residence, which was filled with carbon monoxide on Jan. 3.

Michael Vanderkieft was taken to St. Joseph's hospital for treatment for carbon monoxide exposure, and was transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital where he passed away.

The results of a post-mortem examination are still pending.

Nashua police and fire officials are still investigating the incident, and and any information can be directed to fire investigator Eric Berube of the NH State Fire Marshal's Office, or Lt. Allard of the Nashua police.

Officials have issued a warning to install carbon monoxide detectors in homes as heating appliances or attached garages can cause the gas to build up.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 33°
4pm 33°
5pm 34°
6pm 35°
7pm 37°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

Friday, 1:30 p.m. - White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer

Friday, TBD - Health care vote on the House floor

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome