Jun 16, 2015 2:17 PM
PETERBOROUGH - All four tenants that were home at the time of a 4-alarm fire were able to make it out safe on Tuesday.
A 911 call came into crews after a kitchen fire broke out at 477 East Mountain Road.
Fire crews from several towns responded, and they all said it was something left on the stove that caused the older building to quickly become engulfed by flames.
Crews were only able to recover a few personal items for the victims - old books and photos and a chest with blankets - everything else was a total loss.
Tenants are working with New Hampshire’s Red Cross to find clothing, food, and temporary shelter.
Only one tenant suffered minor injuries to her hand when she attempted to punch through a glass window to allow a pet cat to escape.
Firefighters told NH1 News there is a lesson to be learned here.
The smoke detectors had just been replaced, and they said it was a big part of ensuring everyone’s safety.
31 minutes 16 seconds agoWith just 12 days to go until Election Day and the latest polls in New Hampshire’s blockbuster U.S. Senate race indicating a dead heat,...
4 hours 20 minutes agoPolice have captured a suspect in a possible abduction in Londonderry NH. They said the woman and a child were found safe. (More)
7 hours 22 minutes agoKelly Ayotte and Maggie Hassan talk 1-on-1 with NH1 News ahead of tonight's U.S. Senate debate (More)
8 hours 14 minutes agoMANCHESTER - A man accused of shooting and killing a Manchester man last month has been returned to New Hampshire to face charges. Billy Damuel Maldonado Cancel, 23, was captured in New Britain, Connecticut on October 14th. He was returned to N.H. last night. Maldonado Cancel was listed...