Aug 13, 2015 3:48 PM
DOVER – As the breast-feeding battle continues in the state, another mother steps forward for her right to publicly feed her child after photos of her were withheld from being developed.
Litterio posed for pictures as she breast-fed 14-month-old Vivan for the "Latch On" event and for National Breast-Feeding Awareness Week.
But when professional photographer, Jennifer Luna, tried to develop those photos at the Somersworth Wal-Mart, at least one employee took the photos away from her.
Litterio is not sure why.
"It's not like I was submitting photos to Playboy,” says Iris Litterio.
“They were special pictures that I had taken by a great photographer to celebrate my journey through breast-feeding,” says Litteiro. “It's not an obscene thing. It's a natural thing. It's how I feed her.”
And when photographer Jennifer Luna tried to develop those pictures, she said she never expected the employee’s reactions.
“He told me repeatedly it doesn't matter the reasoning,” Luna says. “It's against company policy.”
Litteiro says it wasn't just for the events and for breast-feeding week, but it was personal so she could show these pictures to her daughter when she grew up.
“I honestly am shocked by it,” Litterio said. “I mean they were photos taken for me and to remember my journey.”
Now Litteiro says she hopes this might open some eyes to the act of breast-feeding itself as a natural way of feeding her baby.
“I just hope that we can become more accepting and open to breast-feeding in public,” Litterio said.
Another reason to have the photos taken?
Lotteiro says her goal was to nurse for six weeks and since she had made it to 14 months, she wanted to celebrate the family's accomplishment.
Wal-Mart says they have since apologized.
8 hours 3 minutes agoWith just 12 days to go until Election Day and the latest polls in New Hampshire’s blockbuster U.S. Senate race indicating a dead heat,...
11 hours 52 minutes agoPolice have captured a suspect in a possible abduction in Londonderry NH. They said the woman and a child were found safe. (More)
14 hours 54 minutes agoKelly Ayotte and Maggie Hassan talk 1-on-1 with NH1 News ahead of tonight's U.S. Senate debate (More)
15 hours 46 minutes agoMANCHESTER - A man accused of shooting and killing a Manchester man last month has been returned to New Hampshire to face charges. Billy Damuel Maldonado Cancel, 23, was captured in New Britain, Connecticut on October 14th. He was returned to N.H. last night. Maldonado Cancel was listed...