Nov 21, 2014 11:46 AM
NH1 is still looking for Children's Auction donations
NH1 is still looking for donations for the annual Children's Auction!
Last year,the auction raised $510,801. Contributors gave 3,269 items and local businesses were highly involved.
If you'd like to donate this year, the auction is still looking for toys, electronic gifts, gift cards and more.
You can drop off your items at the NH1 Media Center in Concord, 4 Church St., Concord, NH 03301.
The auction will be Dec. 9 through 13 at the Lake Opechee Conference Center in Laconia. A 24-hour, additional fundraising event - Pub Madness at Patrick's Pub & Eatery - will be held on Thursday, Dec. 11 starting at 9 a.m. in Gilford, and it will include a 24-hour barstool challenge, which raised over $160,000 for the Children's Auction last year.
Auction times are 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. and 6 until 9 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Saturday.
You can also find the auction on Facebook.
Item Donation Guidelines
1. All items to be auctioned off must be new. We will gladly accept used items that will then be funneled to charities for distribution.
2. All items donated will be auctioned off, however, if time does not allow all items to be auctioned, remaining items will then be donated to an appropriate charity, or sold online with all proceeds going to The Auction.
3. Most clothing items (unless they are logo wear) will be donated to needy organizations.
4. Gift certificates CANNOT be contingent upon a further purchase (for example, 30% off, buy 1 get 1 free, free fitting with purchase).
5. Gift certificates under $100 can not have an expiration date.
6. For on-air purposes/promotion of business, please include 2 or 3 items of interest about the company, we want to talk about them and say thank you!
7. Unfortunately, we can not promise specific auction time (for example, 7pm Thursday) as well as grouping with another business. The auction takes on a life of its own and items are auctioned off depending on the current feel and flow.
8. Please, no minimum bid commitments.
9. All items are welcome except; live animals, firearms, real estate, alcohol (unless part of a gift basket), tobacco (unless part of a gift basket) and jewelry over $100 without an appraisal letter.
10. Prior to the Auction, please bring items to any of the following locations: