NH firework accident leaves 5 people in the hospital
NEW IPSWICH — A residential firework accident leaves five people in the hospital.
According to the New Ipswich Fire Department, a social gathering at 920 Turnpike Road turned ugly when residents were faced with the harmful effects of fireworks.
Participants told fire officials that a number of sparklers were put inside a glass bottle and lit on fire, causing the bottle to explode. Fragments of glass flew from the explosion and hit a number of the party-goers.
A total of nine people reported injuries to the New Ipswich Fire Department, five of which were transported to a local hospital.
State Fire Marshal J. William Degan urges those using fireworks or novelty sparklers to follow manufacture's instructions and proceed with caution.