Jul 27, 2016 5:12 PM

NH Department of Health and Human Services offers replacement food stamps


Due to the fact that some households lost power to more than four hours this weekend, some the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services is notifying food stamp recipients that they are eligible for replacement SNAP benefits.

To obtain replacement of food stamp benefits, recipients must report the food they lost within 10 days of the loss.

On the form, recipients must sign a statement saying the food was lost due to the power outage.

The form to request reimbursement (DFA Form 474, Attestation and Verification of FS Household Disaster) may be downloaded here or gotten by contacting either the local DHHS District Office or by calling Client Services at 1-800-852-3345 x 9700.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --


More from NH1.com

NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome