UPDATE: Cause of Keene fire ruled accidental, electric stove top to blame
Written by NH1.com on .
KEENE — A fire that damaged a third-floor apartment in a Main Street building was accidentally caused by an electric stove top, fire officials said.
The Keene Fire Department said an investigation revealed that the origin of the blaze at 101 Main Street was a burner on an electric stove top located in the kitchen area of apartment 17. They said the cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.
Officials said the occupant of the apartment was not home at the time of the fire.
The building that houses 99-105 Main Street is owned by Witchland Bros. Reality and valued at $945,800 per City Assessing Records. Officials said the estimated damage from the fire, smoke and water has not been estimated at this time.