NH1 News Debates


Oct 11, 2015 8:38 AM

New Boston house fire leaves couple temporarily homeless


NEW BOSTON – A Chesnut Hill Road home was heavily damaged by fire Saturday night, but firefighters say the house should be repairable after the fire was successfully contained to the middle or "ell" section.

“The husband and wife who were living there should be able to move back in after repairs are done, probably in a few months,” Fire Chief Daniel MacDonald told the Union Leader.

The two-alarm fire was reported shortly before 8 p.m. and drew fire crews from at least eight towns. No one was injured. One member of the couple reported the fire and the other was at work at the time. The Red Cross was assisting the couple who will not be able to return to the home until repairs are made.

“It was fully involved in that one section when we got there; there wasn't much in the ell that wasn't burning,” MacDonald said. “But the firefighters made a good save and the damage to the main section of the home and the garage damage was kept to mostly smoke damage.”

The fire appeared to have started in an electrical panel near the home's oil burner, but an investigator from the state Fire Marshal's office will be looking more closely at the cause, he said.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome