May 26, 2016 6:00 PM
LACONIA - Nathaniel Kibby, 35, pleaded guilty to raping and kidnapping a North Conway teen and was sentenced to 45-90 years in prison Thursday evening.
Kibby had originally entered a "not guilty" plea, but as a result of pleading guilty to seven charges, the remaining charges against him will be nullified.
The victim, who was 14 years old at the time of the October 2013 kidnapping, provided an impact statement in which she forgave Kibby.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young described in detail the account of the victim's abduction and captivity.
NH1 News is keeping the victim's identity confidential.
Kibby said he was not interested in making comments or answering questions from the media.
NH1 will have more on the story tonight at 10 p.m. on WBIN-TV and online at NH1.com.
4 hours 3 minutes agoPolice in Hampton, New Hampshire, say they found a man dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound following an hours-long standoff at a motel....
11 hours 49 minutes agoWith just 12 days to go until Election Day and the latest polls in New Hampshire’s blockbuster U.S. Senate race indicating a dead heat,...
15 hours 38 minutes agoPolice have captured a suspect in a possible abduction in Londonderry NH. They said the woman and a child were found safe. (More)
18 hours 40 minutes agoKelly Ayotte and Maggie Hassan talk 1-on-1 with NH1 News ahead of tonight's U.S. Senate debate (More)
19 hours 32 minutes agoMANCHESTER - A man accused of shooting and killing a Manchester man last month has been returned to New Hampshire to face charges. Billy Damuel Maldonado Cancel, 23, was captured in New Britain, Connecticut on October 14th. He was returned to N.H. last night. Maldonado Cancel was listed...