Oct 13, 2015 2:43 PM
NASHUA – School administration officials met with angry parents at Nashua High School to address the death list found at the school Monday.
Concerned parents spoke to NH1 about the list that was reported to depict how and when students would die.
“This book was found by a student with the ways, times and dates 17 students were going to die. My daughter in particular was pretty horrific, disturbing and explicit,” one parent said.
The book, "Death Note" is a Japanese comic where the author writes the names of those who they feel should die. In this case, a student at the school mimicking the book, listed the names of 17 students in their own death list.
Tuesday, parents of the students who were on the list met with administration behind closed doors.
“I’m angry that parents weren’t informed sooner,” said Danielle Charest, whose daughter’s name is on the list.
An email was sent to families Friday but parents said the student body knew about the list before that, but that students were afraid if they spoke up, their names would be added to the list.
“I was stopped by a group of students in the hallway and they said ‘were afraid and our safety is not being taken seriously,'” said Charest.
The administration said they are taking the matter seriously.
“At this point were still investigating what discipline is appropriate,” said Superintendent Mark Conrad.
Many of the students on the list not even in school today, some still shaken. Parents say in all this they feel bad for the student responsible.
“My words to that girl would be that I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you feel so sad. I’m sorry you felt so alone and alienated and wronged. No one should have to feel that alone and honestly as a mom my heart breaks for her,” said Charest.
Meantime that student’s fate at the school still yet to be decided. Counselors and administration say they will continue to work with parents and students until everyone can feel safe again.
25 minutes 15 seconds agoPolice have captured a suspect in a possible abduction in Londonderry NH. They said the woman and a child were found safe. (More)
3 hours 27 minutes agoKelly Ayotte and Maggie Hassan talk 1-on-1 with NH1 News ahead of tonight's U.S. Senate debate (More)
4 hours 19 minutes agoMANCHESTER - A man accused of shooting and killing a Manchester man last month has been returned to New Hampshire to face charges. Billy Damuel Maldonado Cancel, 23, was captured in New Britain, Connecticut on October 14th. He was returned to N.H. last night. Maldonado Cancel was listed...
8 hours 28 minutes agoA Muslim civil rights group says a campaign flier targeting U.S. Senate candidate Maggie Hassan associates Muslims with violence. (More)
10 hours 11 minutes agoA former New Boston police officer has filed a law suit against the Town of New Boston and six officers of the New Boston...