Courtesy - Nashua Telegraph

May 24, 2016 9:21 AM

Nashua man accused in carjackings, massive accident coming back to NH to face charges

NASHUA — The Nashua man who stands accused of two carjackings and an assault during a multi-state highway chase last month signed a waiver of extradition on Monday to be transferred from Massachusetts back to New Hampshire authorities, according to Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office spokesman Meghan Kelly.

The Union-Leader reported Jonathan Calvin, 31, was taken after the incident to Lahey Hospital and Medical Center in Burlington, Mass., where he was arraigned on a fugitive from justice charge April 25. Calvin will likely face charges from both New Hampshire state police and Nashua police. The former have previously said they plan to bring charges of felony robbery, reckless conduct, first-degree assault and attempted first-degree assault, and possibly more.

Nashua Police announced charges of felony robbery and theft.

Late Monday afternoon, a state police supervisor said they had not yet heard about Calvin’s waiver of extradition.

Calvin has a June 10 status date in Woburn District Court to make certain that New Hampshire authorities have picked him up, Kelly said in an email.

The charges all stem from April 15, when Calvin allegedly crashed two cars on the Everett Turnpike — the first stolen from Nashua’s Main Street, and the second from a woman who stopped at the scene of the first crash. Police said Calvin stabbed the woman, 20-year-old Olivia Smith, and in his second crash sent multiple people to the hospital.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome