Real-time N.H. traffic updates

Nov 19, 2015 10:50 AM

Nashua girl credited with saving family from possible carbon monoxide poisoning

NH1.com

NASHUA - A family unaware they were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning may have been saved by their 11-year-old daughter who made the call to 911.

According to FoxNews25, firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide at the Northwood Drive home - a problem blamed on a faulty furnace. They say the situation could have been life-threatening if the family had stayed in the home.

The 11-year old is credited with noticing a strange odor and that family members weren't feeling well. She called her father, who told her to call 911.

"Her action most certainly prevented what would have been a family tragedy," fire officials said.

All five family members were taken to the hospital and treated for carbon monoxide exposure.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 27°
12am 27°
1am 28°
2am 26°
3am 25°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome