NH1 file photo

Sep 4, 2016 11:57 AM

Nashua firefighters rescue man who fell asleep while lit stove ignited apartment fire

NH1.com

NASHUA — Firefighters rescued a man who fell asleep after leaving a pan on the burner of the stove of his apartment at 310 Brook Village Road Saturday.

The fire grew when a spark from the pan reached the cabinets. Crews responded at 4:08 p.m.

Although the man appeared to be suffering from smoke inhalation, he refused medical treatment, according to George Walker, deputy fire chief.

Crews used fans to ventilate the smoke-filled apartment after the fire was dealt with.

The department has issued a reminder to be aware of lit stoves at all times.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 42°
9pm 37°
10pm 35°
11pm 34°
12am 34°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

Friday, 10 a.m. - Latest storm update with Meteorologist Ryan Breton

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome