Embed Code Copied

Dec 23, 2015 3:05 PM

Nashua family lost close to everything in fire days before Christmas

NH1.com

NASHUA - Five-year-old Isaiah Creighton may be spending this Christmas in a motel after the family's Cedar Street apartment was heavily damaged in a fire Sunday.

“My teddy bears got burned, and my Batman toys got burned,” Isaiah said.

Isaiah's dad, Kevin Fordham, says the family salvaged what they could and packed it into the Motel 6 where the Red Cross put them up in. They lost a lot, including photos and belongings of their grandfather who recently passed away. Money was already tight, and now without renter's insurance, they're not sure what they'll do next.

“We're still trying to figure out what we've lost; we don't know everything. It's devastating. I don't know how to explain it unless you've been through it,” Fordham said.

The fire started on the first floor of their building when one of their neighbors left a grease pan on the stove. In all, 13 people were displaced.

It's not clear when the building will be safe for tenants to return.

“The Christmas spirit hasn't been here; there's no jolly good times just crying,” Fordham said.

To donate and help this family contact the Red Cross.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 36°
1pm 36°
2pm 36°
3pm 37°
4pm 38°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 Monday, 1:30 p.m. - White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome